Great for Halloween decorations or every day fun! Stick these cute magnetic monsters to any metal surface to hold notes, photos and more! A table/workspace large enough to do craft will be required-somewhere close to an outlet if using a hot glue gun.
CONTRIBUTING LIBRARY: Beaverlodge Public Library
1. Lay out your popsicle sticks that are going to be the base for your magnet. Take two more popsicle sticks- lay one diagonally across the sticks you have laid out. Take the second popsicle stick and carefully break it in half. Lay the two broken pieces diagonally the opposite direction of the first popsicle stick. These diagonal popsicle sticks need to be hot glued to your magnet base to make it sturdy.
2. When you have the base prepared, you can hot glue your magnet to the back along the diagonal sticks.
3. After the glue has cooled you can flip over your magnet and decide whether you are going to paint it or colour it with markers (or not colour it at all!)
4. Next, after the paint/marker is dried, add your googly eyes, arms, horns/spikes, and mouth/teeth (Fig. 9). Remember to be as creative as you want! Coloured paper works well for cutting out arms/horns/spikes/mouth/teeth. Pipe cleaners also work well for making bendy arms and legs!
5. Now you can add any final touches! Add feathers, glitter, stickers or anything else you want to your Monster Magnet! Make it as silly or scary as you like!